All inverters and batteries must be installed by a qualified electrical wireman or Master electrician with a valid registration with the Department of Labour. A valid electrical certificate of compliance (COC) must be issued once installed, specific to the installation of the backup or solar system. The installation must be compliant with SANS 10142 and ALL its parts. Any warranty claim submitted without installation photos, a valid COC and proof of a qualified wireman/master electrician installing the unit, can be rejected and will render the warranty claim null at void.
The warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
- Power surge
- Sea spray
- Water damage
- Dust or any solid particles
- Excessive heat exposure
- Weather damage
- Negligence by the installer or homeowner
- Incorrect installation
- Inadequate protection device rating
- Tampering (broken seal)
- Dirty filters
- Exceeding the maximum power rating, current or voltage for the input solar circuit, DC battery input, AC input and AC output.
The warranty will be void if the unit is:
- Not installed as per manufacturers specifications
- Not installed with a minimal 40kA surge protection unit for both live and neutral wires from the AC incoming supply
- Not installed with a minimal 40kA surge protection unit for both positive and negative wires from the AC incoming supply
- Not protected by the calculated and required 2 pole breakers for the input and output of the inverter
- Not installed with a changeover switch
- The battery input must be protected by a rated fuse for both the negative and positive connections, within the calculated PSCC ratings.
- Tampered with (attempted to open the unit)
- Visible damage to the unit
Return & refund policy
WE HAVE A RETURN, REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY UNDER STRICT REGULATIONS.
- If a product is returned then a thorough inspection will be carried out by the sales and technical department, if there are clear signs of the goods being tampered, warranty will be void.
- Products such as our inverters will be refunded or replaced provided that the product was not removed from the box.
- The warranty seals for specific products will be checked, if a warranty seal has been removed then all policies will be void.
- No OBF policy will be tolerated if a product has been open and used or installed. Management will look at special situations for replacements.
- Upon return serial numbers of the box and inverter must match with our specific product numbers in order to deduce where the product has been sold.
- If the item is requested for an exchange then if deemed fit we will provide the options.
- Upon accepted return from Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD we will pass a credit or refund.
- Upon return the consumer is liable to use his/her own courier service if courier is requested from us then a shipping fee will be issued.
- Damaged goods should be notified to Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD once the customer receives his/her goods, if we are not notified within 7 working days after the purchase then the goods will fall under warranty .
STRICTLY NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON ANY PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED, SCRATCHED OR DAMAGED IN ANY WAY.
WARRANTY RETURNS REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 7 – 30 WORKING DAYS TO BE ASSESSED OR REPAIRED.