All orders are shipped at the instruction of the customer & as a result the customer will be liable for the items once it has left the premises of Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD.
- All orders are shipped by Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD without any insurance.
- An order will be considered completed by Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD once it has been collected by the customer &/or the shipping company.
- Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD will not be held liable for any damages or losses that may be incurred during transit via theft, looting, hijacking, fire, mishandling, negligence, acts of God, or any other cause that is out of our control [force majeure].
- Additional packaging costs may be incurred by the customer when requesting Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD to ship solar panels. Goods that are fragile need packaging which will incur an additional fee.
- Goods will be delivered within 2-7 working days.
- Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD do not ship internationally.
- Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD only ship our goods nationally (within South Africa).
- The customer should provide their full shipping address and contact details for the courier company.
- The customer should avail themself within the 2-7 working days to receive the goods.
- The customer may organize their own courier, provided Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD are notified beforehand.
If cancellation is required after payment has been made then an email to the specified sales team will be required by the consumer which should entail:
- Reason for cancellation.
- Consumer banking details.
- A cancellation time frame of 48 hours will fall into place once an order has been placed.
- If the order is cancelled after the 48 hour time frame a 5% penalty will be incurred for the processing of the specified order.
- If the order is cancelled within the given time period then no penalty will be incurred.
All inverters and batteries must be installed by a qualified electrical wireman or Master electrician with a valid registration with the Department of Labour. A valid electrical certificate of compliance (COC) must be issued once installed, specific to the installation of the backup or solar system. The installation must be compliant with SANS 10142 and ALL its parts. Any warranty claim submitted without installation photos, a valid COC and proof of a qualified wireman/master electrician installing the unit, can be rejected and will render the warranty claim null at void.
The warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
- Power surge
- Sea spray
- Water damage
- Dust or any solid particles
- Excessive heat exposure
- Weather damage
- Negligence by the installer or homeowner
- Incorrect installation
- Inadequate protection device rating
- Tampering (broken seal)
- Dirty filters
- Exceeding the maximum power rating, current or voltage for the input solar circuit, DC battery input, AC input and AC output.
The warranty will be void if the unit is:
- Not installed as per manufacturers specifications
- Not installed with a minimal 40kA surge protection unit for both live and neutral wires from the AC incoming supply
- Not installed with a minimal 40kA surge protection unit for both positive and negative wires from the AC incoming supply
- Not protected by the calculated and required 2 pole breakers for the input and output of the inverter
- Not installed with a changeover switch
- The battery input must be protected by a rated fuse for both the negative and positive connections, within the calculated PSCC ratings.
- Tampered with (attempted to open the unit)
- Visible damage to the unit
Return & refund policy
WE HAVE A RETURN, REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY UNDER STRICT REGULATIONS.
- If a product is returned then a thorough inspection will be carried out by the sales and technical department, if there are clear signs of the goods being tampered, warranty will be void.
- Products such as our inverters will be refunded or replaced provided that the product was not removed from the box.
- The warranty seals for specific products will be checked, if a warranty seal has been removed then all policies will be void.
- No OBF policy will be tolerated if a product has been open and used or installed. Management will look at special situations for replacements.
- Upon return serial numbers of the box and inverter must match with our specific product numbers in order to deduce where the product has been sold.
- If the item is requested for an exchange then if deemed fit we will provide the options.
- Upon accepted return from Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD we will pass a credit or refund.
- Upon return the consumer is liable to use his/her own courier service if courier is requested from us then a shipping fee will be issued.
- Damaged goods should be notified to Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD once the customer receives his/her goods, if we are not notified within 7 working days after the purchase then the goods will fall under warranty .
STRICTLY NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON ANY PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED, SCRATCHED OR DAMAGED IN ANY WAY.
WARRANTY RETURNS REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 7 – 30 WORKING DAYS TO BE ASSESSED OR REPAIRED.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- Your date of birth.
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- Subject to clause 15.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 14 above).
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Solarway Suppliers is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
- Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of a Product, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
- We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- Upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- Y N R SOLAR (PTY) LTD may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
- Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- Electronic communications